Thursday 30 October 2014

My TBR pile

Over the summer, I got back into reading in a BIG way. I bought way more books than I had time to read and although I'm trying not to buy so many books now, I still have a lot of catching up to do. So today I thought I would tally up all of the books on my shelves that I have yet to read. (These are only the shelves actually in my bedroom. Various others (including my old English Lit books) are probably dotted around the family bookshelves downstairs. No doubt there are plenty there that I haven't read, but I probably never will and this list is already huge, so I'm ignoring those.) I tried to put all of the unread books onto one shelf, but they didn't quite fit... In total, there are 33:



I don't really want to write an entire list (and I doubt anyone would want to read that, either!), so here are a few close up photos in case you would like to know exactly which books are on my TBR list:

  
 I have plans to read a few of them -- City of Heavenly Fire will be started on Saturday while I'm on my way to Texas (!!), I'll read Afterworlds as soon as I get back, and My True Love Gave to Me I plan to read one story per day in the run up to Christmas -- but for the most part, they are just there for when I get around to them. I have a TBR jar with most of these titles in, but usually I'm in the mood for a particular kind of book, so the jar tends to just sit on my shelf looking pretty:



Tomorrow, I might make a list of the books on my kindle that haven't been looked at yet, so come back if you're interested in seeing that!

Bye for now,
Amanda :)





No comments:

Post a Comment